Friday, February 4, 2011

Juliet

This started as a book cover for Romeo and Juliet. It became more just Juliet, and you know I kinda think the play is subtly more about Juliet than Romeo. I mean we see far more of Juliet's life and family dynamics than Romeo's and it pretty much says so in the last line:
"For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Juliet and her Romeo
"

It's colored pencil.
There is a lot going on in this piece. I could explain every conscious choice, but I'd rather you enjoy psychoanalyzing it. I know I did.

In other news, I've been working hard on my thesis. I think this is the best peice I've done to date. And I'm applying to grad schools for Art Therapy. I'll post the thesis pieces after the show...Which by the way is March 20th and you should come see it!
heh... thesis pieces.

1 comment: